With Greene Soul Yoga's YoGO, you decide where we meet up on our mat, here's a few suggestions you are sure to love!
The Bradenton / Sarasota area boasts of beautiful weather year round and beautiful scenery to match. Doing your Yoga practice in nature has a way of connecting you even deeper to your practice and the universe. Check out these local gems to choose from for your next practice.
“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more.” - John Burroughs
1. Robinson Preserve - 1704 99th St NW, Bradenton, FL 34209
Robinson Preserve is located in northwestern Bradenton, in the Palma Sola area, across the street from the Palma Sola Botanical Gardens. This 487-acre preserve offers a great location to meet on the mat for yoga as well as:
Hiking and nature trails
Kayak/canoeing trails and launch
Non-motorized bicycle trails
Picnic areas and pavillions
Wildlife viewing areas
2. River Walk - Starting near the South Florida Museum 201 10th St W, Bradenton, FL 34205
Riverwalk is a picturesque riverside park overlooking the Manatee River, the Riverwalk is a 1.5-mile paved trail perfect for strolling & enjoying the sights. The Riverwalk is complete with a playground & benches, beach volleyball, a skate-park, amphitheater, splashpad, outdoor living rooms, fishing pier and plenty of grassy open space to meet on the mat for Yoga! Maybe stroll on over and visit the South Florida Museum for a special treat or enjoy the many offerings of Downtown Bradenton within walking distance.
3. Public Beaches of Anna Maria Island
Yoga meets Old Florida on Anna Maria Island. AMI is a barrier island on Florida’s Gulf Coast. It's known for its broad, beautiful, white sand beaches. Yoga with this view and the ocean air is a bucket-list experience! Some public beach options on AMI to meet on the mat include:
Manatee Public Beach - 4000 Gulf Dr, Holmes Beach, FL 34217
Coquina Beach - 2650 Gulf Dr S., Bradenton Beach, FL
Bayfront Park - 310 North Bay Boulevard, Anna Maria, FL
Beach Space in front of your favorite beach restaurant or resort.
4. G.T. Bray Park - 5502 33rd Avenue Drive West Bradenton, FL 34209
Pavilions, restrooms, host to all sorts of sports and sport venues, events, multi purpose trails, dog park...you name it G.T. Bray probably offers it and it is a beautiful place to meet on the mat for Yoga.
5. DeSoto National Memorial Park - 8300 De Soto Memorial Hwy, Bradenton, FL 34209 De Soto National Memorial, in Manatee County 5 miles west of Bradenton, Florida, commemorates the 1539 landing of Hernando de Soto. With beautiful views where the Manatee River joins Tampa Bay, walking trails, mangroves, picnic areas, bird watching, and a visitors center; adding yoga to your visit to this free to the public park makes for a beautiful and fun adventure. A smaller grassy area near the park entrance or even one of the small beaches along DeSoto's coastline are great spots to meet on the mat.
**Please note some public spaces require an additional $20 fee per class, please call or use the contact page if you would like more information on which spaces require additional fees.**